How to Prevent a Fire From Starting in Your Home
There is a long list of causes when it comes to home fires. They're beginning to become a commonality. When you're victim of a house fire you lose everything; all the memories you've made, burnt to a crisp.
Some practices to preventing a fire in your home are as follows:
- Make sure everything is switched OFF and unplugged
- Check/Inspect your chimney annually
- Keep comforters and anything flammable away from heaters
- Test fire alarms/ replace batteries frequently
- Never smoke in the home
- Keep a spoon or spatula as a reminder when cooking/ do not leave stove tops unattended when lit
It is widely recommended that families practice a fire escape route in the event a fire does occur. No one sees a fire coming and it's best you know what plan of action to take in case you're faced with one.
In the event your home has endured a fire, call SERVPRO of Lower Manhattan at 212-564-6365 and we'll make it, "Like it never even happened."